The Network is a thriving volunteer-based organization. We are proud of our past and excited about our future!
The Nigerian and Canadian Business Network (“NCBN”) was established when a few intrepid entrepreneurs decided to invite like-minded people to join them in the creation of a volunteer-based organization to facilitate networking for business people in Canada and Nigeria. The original members came together to share their challenges and successes with the hopes of learning from and helping others around the table. This filled a significant void – the opportunities for people to discuss the challenges faced when starting or growing a business were few and far between. By hearing other people’s stories, it also became evident that people have their own approach and that doing things differently is not a bad thing.
Every NCBN meeting was about fostering networking, support, and education.
The NCBN’s membership criteria have evolved gradually over time. Today, a member is a person who embraces the vision statement of the NCBN and who;
- dedicates his/her time and effort to an organization;
- embraces opportunities for professional and personal growth;
gives back to his/her community and inspires growth and leadership in others; or
- holds a decision-making position that impacts profitability, staff productivity, business development or customer/client care.
WHY JOIN THE NETWORK?
Members have access to and profit from the following activities ;
- Trade conferences and seminars addressed by leading authorities in different fields.
- The opportunity to be informed and to discuss current key issues that affect Nigerian and Canadian businesses and how it affects bi-lateral trade.
- Information and participation in Bi-Lateral Trade Missions.
- Promotional and networking opportunities as well as business referrals and lead generation.
- Business Advice, International Trade training, access to business fact sheets, and many other benefits.
- For more information, please contact 1.647.799.6006